Tuesday 30 July 2013

TTN Reviews: "Big Shotz" Vitamin & Mineral Juice drink by Shotz Health


Always on the lookout for new foodie products to try out- I was thrilled that the lovely team at Shotz Health agreed to send me a few samples of their Mango & Passion fruit flavoured ‘Big Shotz’ juice drink!



At 67 kcal per shot, each 120ml bottle contains (and I’m going to have to list as there is lots of good stuff):
-    100% RDA (recommended daily allowance) of vitamins C, D, E, K and 7 varieties of B vitamin.
-    Prebiotic fibre (hello good bacteria)
-    Beta-carotene (Vitamin A)
-    Omega 3
-    Minerals: Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Calcium, Copper and Magnesium
-    Vitamin D

Each bottle is also Lactose, Caffeine and Gluten free (as if it needed any more good stuff to boast about!).
And breathe….

As the team at Shotz Health were so generous with their samples I decided to rope in my personal guinea pig (The Boy) to join me on a weekend of trialling.
I had a bottle before a big retail therapy session  (something that , at times, will leave me cream crackered); At lunch on a Friday when I was going out for dinner straight after work; To pimp up a fruit smoothie for breakfast. The Boy has his before a night shift and the next morning when he resembled something of a zombie.

I was super impressed with the results- an hour after each shot I felt a gentle lift of energy. It wasn’t as strong as Berrocca but that’s a good thing in my book.  The Boy reported that he also felt a little lift of energy, and after having one on 3 hours sleep he felt more naturally alert and didn’t suffer the post night shift sniffles.

Okay so the taste- fruity, almost syrupy and (in my opinion) I definitely could taste something metallic going on but I guess that’s to be expected given its content. The boy wolfed his down each time so certainly a winner with those that have a sweet tooth.  It worked really well in a multi fruit smoothie (sorry no photos as to be honest it wasn’t very photogenic as I added lots of odd’n’ends of fruit that I found in my fridge).

All in all- I really rate this product.

 If you  feel that you need a boost or maybe you are looking to supplement a health kick or even if you u are a gym bunny that would like to try something new to add to your fruit smoothies- then I think this product is for you. Actually – it’s such an easy product that it’s great for anyone. Drinkable, manageable and low calorie- I will be looking out for these in stores in future.
So, that’s my review! Go follow these guys on Facebook and Twitter everyone- they are great J

Lots of love

Xxx TTN xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment